Representing Seamen Nationwide
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Lyle C. Cavin, Jr. recognize your service as a merchant mariner, a fisherman or a longshoreman, and we are dedicated to ensuring the security of your future when an unforeseen event occurs. This office understands the hardships associated with being injured and unable to work and has a reputation built on personal service and trust. We are a standout in the maritime community for our attention to detail and dedication to you, our client.
You don't want just any personal injury lawyer handling your case. You need an experienced maritime lawyer who understands the Jones Act and admiralty law. With our attorneys' combined experience of over 150 years in representing water-based workers, you can be sure this law office will represent your interests with unwavering dedication, speed and expertise.
A very low percentage of Jones Act claims ever go to trial. Most are settled in mediation. We have experience in mediation cases nationwide and are familiar with the mediators and professionals on the other side of the table. That makes a significant difference when it comes to reaching a fair resolution.
From our offices in Oakland, California, our team of maritime law attorneys represents seamen, fishermen and longshoremen in coastal, Great Lakes and inland river cities throughout the United States. Anywhere seamen ply their trade, our firm is ready to help protect their rights.
Talk to us first if you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident at sea, or working in the vessel-transport industry, including:
Accidents onboard a commercial vessel
- Injuries aboard a ferry boat
- Injuries aboard a container ship or tanker
- Injuries aboard a barge or tug boat
- Injuries aboard a fishing vessel
- Harassed aboard a commercial vessel
Onboard Jones Act slip-and-fall injury claims
- Injuries from lifting cargo, hoist and line injuries
- Back injuries while moving stores and cargo
- Injuries while using a power tool or hand tool
- Traumatic brain injury from a shipboard accident
- Severed limb from a shipboard accident
- Burn injuries, electrical shock
- Ingress and egress injuries, gangplank injuries
- Death on the high seas, wrongful death claims
Vessel owner responsibility
- Failure of a ship owner to provide medical care
- Failure of a ship owner to provide maintenance and cure
Free Consultation · Lowest Contingency Fee Percentage in the Region
Lyle C. Cavin, Jr. and his associates have successfully litigated numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and obtained settlements in both federal and state courts.
Over the course of his career, Lyle C. Cavin, Jr. has represented clients with suits in numerous West Coast courts as well as almost every major port city in the United States. The Law Offices of Lyle C. Cavin, Jr. has developed a trusted network of talented maritime counsel throughout every major shipping port in the United States.
Our Oakland maritime injury attorneys represent seamen and their families in cities throughout the United States. Contact us to arrange a free case evaluation with a member of our team today.